A free tool to create (Euro)DOCSIS config files
The every day editor
When working with DOCSIS cable modems, you inevitably need to review or edit DOCSIS config files.
As there are multiple configuration file editors available, you can ask why would you use the Excentis one? Well, here are some arguments that will convince you:
- it’s free of charge
- easy to use GUI
- support for all (Euro)DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 config file TLVs
- support for both binary and textual files
- platform independent
- TLV tree representation which orders by optional/required Encodings and DOCSIS version, showing an instant view of the TLVs a certain type of modem will ‘see’ of the config file.
- the ability to configure both the Shared Secret and the Extended Shared Secret for CMTS MIC calculation.
- lots of build-in checks to verify the validity of your configuration
- the unique ‘cheat’ mode allows you to create non-specification-conformant config files for testing purposes.
- the context-sensitive help screen assist you with every TLV an subTLV
- the extensive manual provides additional help where needed.
Download : http://www.excentis.com/product.php?product_id=7